Monday 25 October 2010

Waiting for the machine...




















I don't currently have my own sewing machine, but I'm borrowing my boyfriend's mother's, which is a brilliant machine. Only problem being, she keeps wanting it back, so I have to go days without doing any sewing. So frustrating when you've got a project on the go and can't get on with it!

At the moment I'm halfway through a quilt with teapot and cake material. It's going to be lovely, just for my own amusement. It'll be the first time I attempt binding, and I'll be doing straight line quilting too. But for now, it's just sitting, waiting....

I also have two cushion covers I want to complete, for a friend's moving in present. I could hand-sew them, but I want them to be just right. She moves in next week, but she'll just have to be patient - something I'm having trouble with!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful quilt and I'm sure you'll enjoy it for years to come:-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, hints, tips, and anything else!