Wednesday 11 April 2012

The Liebster Awards

I am overjoyed that Susan of A Little Bit of Heaven on a Plate fame has awarded me a Liebster award!

Hmm, being so new to the blogging community, I read this and thought "Wow!", followed by "Erm, what on earth is one of those?"

After a bit of research through Susan's blog, and also Dolly Bakes and Garden, Tea, Cakes, and Me, and I soon found out that this is a fabulous award to those little bloggers among us who have fewer than 200 followers (or maybe fewer than 100, I've seen both quote). Three cheers for the little ones! Everything has to start from an acorn, and we know that the best things come in small packages.

So, to repay the favour - I love handing out awards, this feels like when I hosted the Oscars... No, wait, I'm thinking of childhood award ceremonies for the 'Out Of Tune Whistling Club'. More on that later.

Drumroll please.... ahem.... *clears throat*

Dolly Bakes
One of my favourite little blogs, a new one but flourishing at a rate of knotts. Full of new ideas and inspiration, plus lots of photos of yummy cakes. No one I know can manhandle a bundt tin like this lady.

A Little Bit of Heaven on a Plate
Who can resist a blog with such a scrumptious-looking opening picture as Susan's?

Laura Loves Cakes
Oh yes she does. And don't we all!

Baking Beats
Music and cakes, what's not to love. I turned from a nosy occasional looker to an avid follower once I saw the beautiful spotty cake - which I am going to try out very soon....

Just some of my favourites. I have some other faves too, but I think this is a wonderful idea to honour those of us who don't have trillions of people checking out our ramblings every day, but who have a handful of loyal appreciators (is that a word?) who love what we write and who we are glad to call our audience. Big up the little bloggers.

Oh, and here's a cake.


2 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeek! Thanks sweetie pie, and right back at you!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much and congratulations on your award too!! Lovely bakes on your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, hints, tips, and anything else!