Sunday 29 July 2012

Blackberry Bakewell tarts

I've subscribed to BBC Good Food Magazine for ages now. I love reading new recipes and planning our meals with one or two new ideas every week (ideally). The new issue landed on my doorstep just a couple of days ago, and kudos to the design and editorial team for putting a recipe on the cover that looks so delicious that I had to bake it straight away - blackberry Bakewell tarts.


I was really disappointed with them though. There aren't enough blackberries in ratio to the frangipane - the tarts really need either jam, or a tonne more berries.

And I forgot the flaked almonds on the top. There is something about flaked almonds - I don't know why, but I always forget them from a recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, hints, tips, and anything else!