Sunday 14 October 2012

Welcome to the Stamford Clandestine Cake Club!

Drumroll please.... The Stamford Clandestine Cake Club has launched!


The first event will be on November 1. The theme is The Great British Fruit Off - to honour the best programme on the telly (The Great British Bake Off, if you didn't know...). I thought I would kick the club off with a simple theme that covered all bases and that hopefully would allow everyone and anyone to take part, whatever their baking competancies or confidence in such clubs. It could be a classic fruit cake, a lemon drizzle, fruity decorations, or something more exotic and experimental - I thought the theme would allow as much or little imagination as people wanted. I have lots of ideas for fun themes but I didn't want to overwhelm everyone in the first month!



I'm scared and excited in equal measures. Hopefully it'll bring new and old friends together to enjoy cake and chat in a lovely location. But I do worry that I'll be the only one there....

For more info about CCC visit www.clandestinecakeclub.co.uk and for the Stamford event visit here.

From tiny acorns....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, hints, tips, and anything else!