Wednesday 29 May 2013

Pinwheel cookie fail

Steve and his brother went away mountain biking for the weekend. I thought it would be a nice idea to make them some cookies to take with them, and thought Mary Berry's pinwheel cookies would be fun to do. They were in the Children's section of her 'Baking Bible' cookery book so I thought I couldn't lose. A chocolate dough, rolled with a vanilla dough - easy stuff.

Mary Berry's easy creations

GOOD LORD these were dreadful!

I'm not going to repeat the recipe, as I wouldn't want to inflict them upon you all. It seemed quite basic and straightforward, so off I set. However, I soon realised that the 'dough' that needed rolling out in fact resembled 'batter' and in no world would ever be rolled anywhere. Even after chilling for 15 minutes the texture was far too loose. No rolling here.

Instead, I dolloped the mixture on to the baking tray, making an attempt to mix the two together in a bit of a swirly fashion. They did not look good.

Perfect. 
Once cooked, they tasted disgusting.

It's not often Steve won't eat something. That means they're really bad.

They went in the bin.

Mary Berry, you have failed me!

A definite candidate for CraftFail.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you SO MUCH for your CraftFail submission! Our feature of your pinwheel cookies will be published on May 31, 2013.

    When it goes live, you'll be able to see it here: http://wp.me/p1sEcb-1ny

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no...it's always such a disappointment when a recipe doesn't work out! And Mary Berry too :-(

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, hints, tips, and anything else!