Wednesday 16 October 2013

Boyfriend's Bakewell Tart

I have been usurped. My kitchen has been taken over by an alien force and good things are coming from it. Steve appropriated my gadgetry this weekend and notched up quite a fantastic Bakewell Tart. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I love a good Bakewell Tart. Who doesn't? On the other hand...

I'M THE BAKER IN THIS RELATIONSHIP!!!!

It almost feels like he applied to The Great British Bake Off, got accepted, and ended up winning it.

Anyway. I thought I would share photos as it was really rather good. Not a soggy bottom in sight. His icing was a little messy, but we'll let him off for that.



Speaking of The Great British Bake Off, I can't decide who I want to win. I think Frances, as she's the nicest, but I do think Kimberley has the most skill, even if it's not always spot on. Ruby I think wings it too much and does bake a lot of tosh. But the judges clearly have a soft spot for her.... Whichever of the three that wins, they've all done so well, and I give them all a big round of applause for being brave enough to go under such scrutiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, hints, tips, and anything else!